Contemporary design features continue to hold sway, although the move away from minimalism, harsh lines and a clinical ambiance is replaced with a touch of old world warmth. Modern design meets mid-century interior concepts to create spaces that give us the best of both worldsâ€¦old and new. Eclecticism is in. This is the time when that colonial/antique piece of furniture can be placed alongside your contemporary straight-line sofas, and not look out of place. Mix and match is the trend as aesthetic independence becomes more pronounced. Ornate fixtures and accessories alongside straight-line minimalist metal furniture would not be incongruous.Â Colours are bold. Green is the dominant colour this year. A deeply vibrant green. Followed by pumpkin orange, bright redâ€”in tones from terracotta to cayenne. Orange, Yellow, Goldâ€”dominating the palette. Deep cinnamon, luxurious violets, turquoise and of course the other colour that is hotâ€”Pinkâ€”bright and daring.
- Shutters – An Open and Shut Case?
- Drapery Connection in The Doings Clarendon Hills
- They’re not your mother’s mini-blinds at Hinsdale store
- Visions13: IWCE in New Orleans –
- Exclusive To-The-Trade Access to The Hunter Douglas 2013 Premieres
- Scene : DC’s Recent Residential Project on Chicago’s Northshore
- Enter to Win a $5000 window makeover with Michael Payne
- Professional Installation + Window Dressing with Drapery Connection
- Kravet Introduces Modern Colors II to their Kravet Couture line
- Take Advantage of the current Hunter Douglas Rebates ENDING SOON
photo j. ingerstedt
Interesting mix of... May 17, 2013dustjacketattic: photo j. ingerstedt Interesting mix of patterns. xxDC […]
- | In Decor |
Color Love- Eastern Interiors.
xxDC April 27, 2013| In Decor | Color Love- Eastern Interiors. xxDC […]
- | belle maison |
Love the Kelly Wearstler pillow fabric from... April 26, 2013| belle maison | Love the Kelly Wearstler pillow fabric from Groundworks by Lee Jofa. xxDC […]
- dustjacketattic: photo j. ingerstedt Interesting mix of... May 17, 2013